The sewing machine with the start or foot button unit enables you to operate the sewing machine by hand so controlling the machine sewing with the foot is no longer required where this accessory consists of a start/stop button and a speed control. The first press of the button starts with the sewing process while the slide control allows you to have the infinite variations of the speed. Pressing the start/stop button once more time makes the sewing process to stop where the start and stop unit ensures you to have the relaxed sewing and the start button sewing is used especially for long, big sewing projects. Using the start button or the foot makes the sewing to be much easier and following are the some of the benefits of having the start button sewing machine.
- It is useful in sewing long seams for example window treatments
- By using the start button sewing machine you can make many decorative stitches for long period of time
- Acufeed or quilting with a walking foot
- It provides the variable zigzag in the sewing
When you have the sewing machine with the above features then you can sit in front of your sewing machine will be more comfortable and you do not have to press the machine continuously or keep reaching further with your leg as the foot control creeps away.
Simple steps for using the start/stop button sewing machine
The following are the simple steps for using the start/stop sewing machine in which you can feel comfort while you are using the sewing machine and when you use this machine you can feel more comfortable while you are doing stitching work.
- As a first thing you need to remove the foot control from the sewing machine
- Place the fabric under the pressure foot at the desired position and then lower the needle to hold it in place
- When you lower the pressure of the foot then the machine will be starting to sew at very low speed so that make sure that the fabric is moving under the foot properly
- Once you have determined that everything is correct then release the start button from the machine then it will speed up the sewing process
- You can also setup the control slider for speeding up your machine such that you are comfortable with it
- When you come close to the stitching then press the start/stop button then the machine will slow down so you will be getting the complete control of the machine
When the needle reaches the end then the start/stop button will be released automatically and the machine will immediately stop its process. The sewing machine with the start/stop button will provide you more comfort when you are stitching the fabric cloths for longer period of time and the most important thing is that you will be getting any knee, neck or backache pain. So for getting more comfort while using the sewing machine just you attach the foot control system unit at the machine.
As the technology and the trends are changing often you should improve your skills so that you can even attend the classes, practice the stitching techniques at the home in day in and day out where you can also try out the many new advanced techniques in order to improve your skills. By getting better at the sewing you can create more projects and you can also even turn it into the good income source where you can also teach the techniques to other persons and employ them for the job.
When you try out to learn the new techniques in the stitching then you will be having the unique type of the skill which makes you to be more popular and you will be getting more jobs. Lot of things are there to upgrade your skills on the craft but remember that mastering in the basics will make you to be a better sewer than rushing to learn a lot of the techniques and neglecting the important things. The following are the some of the techniques that you should follow to improve your sewing skills they are.
- Make sure that you are cutting your patterns carefully
- Measure the material with the sample material for accurate measurement
- While stitching the fabric press it properly
- If you want to make decorative stitches make it as a hand stitching
When you follow the above practices then you will be having the unique stitching method that differs from other sewers stitching. When you are stitching the fabrics it is important to mark at the center front and also have the habit of checking the pattern pieces on the double side to ensure that the stitching is properly made on the double side or not.
Tips for improving your stitching skills
Consider that you are stitching a seam with the help of the sample pattern seam and following are the tips for stitching a seam as like the sample one having the same measurements.
- Before cutting the fabric press your pattern paper to get out of the wrinkles which may distort the shape of the fabric that you are going to cut. Before cutting the fabric in the particular dimension make sure that you check the measurements for twice.
- After cutting the fabric measure the seam allowances before stitching because a single error in the measurement will leads to the ruin the entire project of the seam stitching.
- Before starting the sewing work check the requirements of the client if she /he want to be stitched in the hand that follow it and add the decorative things additionally to the fabric by stitching it in the hand.
- Pressing is different from the work of ironing use the proper tools for pressing the fabric material and setup the heat according to the fabric material such that it should not exhibit the overheated to the fabric material.
By observing the above tips you can setup yourself for the sewing skills improvement and finally you can stitch the fabric according to you with good quality of stitches.
To find the proper sewing surface heights just sit on your chair and hold the magazine in your hand such that it is in front of your eyes and read the magazine if you could read the magazine comfortably then you are probably sitting in the right position at the chair. To confirm it measure from your elbow to the floor if it is of 5.5” to 7’’ to this amount where in the difference between your elbow and your hands will be falling hen you are sewing. The sitting position at the sewing machine is as follows.
- Your forearms level should be in the position that it should layout on the table of the sewing machine
- The seat in which you are sitting should contain the backpack that too it should be positioned at the angle of the 90o or 110o.
- Your knee should be positioned at the angle of the 90o or 110o.
When you place the chair at the above mentioned angle you will be having more comfort and you can do your work for longtime without suffering from the back, leg and knee pain.
About the Risk factors at the sewing workstation
The employees are encountering the several risks at the sewing workstation like leg postures, trunk, neck and awkward arm in which these postures are influenced by the design of the workstation and the size of the worker. The major issues to these risks is that how the sewing machine is placed and what kind of the sitting chair the employee is using, the position in which he sits and place his arms. When you change these things you can feel better and comfort able when you’re at the sewing machine. For example when you are setting up the sewing space then it is important to be aware of the proper sewing postures and without having the proper posture you could not be able to work comfortably and it will leaves you to have the fatigue and backaches health issues. While setting up the sewing workstation you need to consider these three things for good and better comfort working they are.
Where you should also use the chair that allows you to put both of your feet on the floor with your knees making to be relaxed at the angle of the 90 degree and you should also make the table to be low enough height to place your hands as same level as the sewing machine needle. The most important thing is that your elbow should be at the position of the right angle in order to avoid the joint pain where this will create the strain in your hands.
When you consider these things and setup your sewing machine you could sit at your comfort place and do your work and the important aspect is that when you are sitting at the right positions itself ensures that you have placed your machine to be at right position setup.
Making a bag seems likely to be a easy task and simple work nature where many of people start their sewing careers by stitching up the easy totes out of the pretty cotton prints but making the tote bag does not have the relegate in the world. When you are making the beautiful leather bags that will be lasting for the years and you should be careful in choosing the material for the bags. The secret of making the beautiful gorgeous totes, satchels and evening bags comes from its planning stages itself where this will lead you the rewards when you completely change the feel and look of your bag by using the different fabric and swapping hardware.
There are lot of bags are available in the market where each one of them differ in the quality, finishing, price and the most important thing we consider is that the material in which the bag is made of. This is because the material is the one thing that explains the lifetime of the bag and when the bag is made up of the low quality leather material then it will be useful only for the short period of time, so before buying the bags check the material in which the bag is made up of.
Best leather for making bags
The leather bags are seen to be the top quality bags because they are made of the leather material and it is a regular misconception and it made up of the best quality materials to contain the leather with it. There are many types of the leathers are used for making the bags and each leather differs in their quality and it is your responsibility to know the difference between the each leather and take the correct decision to buy the high quality leather bag.
The following are the different types of the leather in which the bag is made they are.
- Faux leather
- Cowhide leather
- Lambskin leather
- Patch leather
The cowhide leather is considered to be the best choice of the leather material for making the bags and when you are shopping for a new kind of the leather bag then you should look at the type of the leather in which the bag is made. When the durability of the bag is not issue but rather you choose to buy the bag which has the soft touch then the lambskin leather may be the best choice. Each leather has the different types of the grains in which they are originated they are.
- Top grain
- Full grain
- Corrected grain
- Patent and split leather
The full and top grain leather are found to be the highest quality choice of the leather grains and other leather grains differ in their features but they all does not contain the highest quality as like the full and top grain leathers. When you like to buy the leather bag with the top quality and having the highest durability tat full grain leather will the best choice to buy.
When you are using the sewing machine for long time then sure you will be suffering from the back pain and this will also lead to the body pain when you use it for whole day. The sewing machine is the machine in which for stitching the materials the whole parts of the body work into the action. So it is very important t choose the sewing machine and setup at the right position with the needed additional things to avoid the back pain and to be more comfortable while you are stitching the dresses. While purchasing the sewing machine try to choose the needed requirements for making the sewing work to be more comfortable. The need of making the sewing machine to be comfort is that because when it is comfortable to you, you can stitch more dresses in the short period of time without having any pain the body.
Steps for sewing in comfort
Being comfortable while quilting and sewing is found to be more important than your fabrics, tools, threads and sewing machine because you can have the best sewing machine equipment with you but when you are in pain and straining when using the machine then you are body will not be supporting to perform the work properly. Where this will be making the stitches will not be straight and it makes the dress to look dull and following are the some of the important factors of sewing which you need to consider for having the comfort use of the machine.
- Height of the sewing table – A dining room table with the average height of the 29-30 inches high is enough to provide you more comfortable sewing and when you add the additional base to the sewing machine then its height is increased by 3 inches. Where this additional 3 inches will create the body pain and strain throughout your body.
- Height of the chair – While using the sewing machine you should use the adjustable chair for having the proper sitting positions where this will avoid you from getting the back pain.
- Position of sewing machine – You should always keep your sewing machine in one position and the machine should not be kept too close to your body by placing the sewing head to be off center to your body where this will be making your shoulder and the arm muscles to be strained.
When you keep above three things in your mind while using the sewing machine then you can avoid getting the body pain and strain and you can also use the sewing machine comfortably for long time without having a pain in the body. The comfortless is the most important thing which you need to keep in mind while using the sewing machine and when you are a professing sewer then you will be using the machine for whole day and you will be suffering from the body pain. So when you consider the above factors while sewing then you will be feeling vey comfort in doing the work.