How to connect your Android phone or an iPhone to an Amazon Echo smart speaker
In addition to playing music and managing a bunch of smart home devices, your Echo speaker can act every bit an audio output device for your smartphone. That’s right, you tin can connect your Android phone or an iPhone to your Echo speaker via Bluetooth to use information technology as a speaker. You can then utilise the Repeat speaker to play media files that are stored on your telephone or while watching a movie or a TV show. In case you wondering how to fix that up, then hither’southward a step-past-step guide explaining how to connect your Android phone or an iPhone to Amazon Echo:
Navigate this article:
- How to prepare your Amazon Echo speaker
- How to connect your Android phone to Amazon Repeat
- How to connect your iPhone to Amazon Echo
How to set up your Amazon Echo speaker
Earlier you lot can connect your Echo speaker to your Android telephone or an iPhone, you’ll first have to make certain the speaker is set upward and ready to become, pregnant it’due south registered to your account and is online. If you are new to the earth of Repeat speakers, then here’due south how y’all can do it:
- Open the Amazon Alexa app on your phone and log in to your account. Y’all can download the Alexa app for complimentary on both Android and iOS using the links beneath:
- After that, plug in your Echo speaker and open the app to see a popular-upwards telling you that your new speaker is gear up for setup. Select
to proceed with the setup.
- If yous don’t encounter the pop-upwardly, then open the app and select
from the carte at the bottom.
- Cull the
icon on the elevation right corner of the screen.
- After that, select
Add together Device
pick and choose
from the list.
- Now, simply follow the on-screen instruction to select the network and authenticate information technology to let Alexa to register your device to your network.
The setup process for your Echo speaker is the aforementioned for both Android phones and iPhones, and so you lot tin can follow the steps and screenshots shown higher up regardless of the telephone you lot have. Once your Repeat speaker is set upward and ready to go, yous can now follow the steps mentioned in the sections below to connect your Android telephone or an iPhone to an Echo speaker.
How to connect your Android phone to Amazon Repeat
Before you can connect your Android phone to an Amazon Repeat speaker, you need to make sure the speaker itself is registered to your network and is ready for a connectedness. If you lot navigated directly to this particular stride without setting your Echo speaker then follow the steps mentioned in How to set up your Amazon Echo speaker department higher up, before connecting your Android telephone.
- Now that your new Echo speaker is ready and ready to go, you lot can go back to the
section in the app and select
Echo & Alexa
selection on the top.
- On this folio, select your Echo speaker to open its settings page.
- Within, you lot’ll see a condition tab that’ll show you the Wi-Fi network and the Bluetooth devices to which the speaker is connected.
- Tap on the
and select the
option on the next page.
Pair a new device
option to brand Alexa search for new Bluetooth devices.
- As Alexa is searching for new devices, go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and look for new Bluetooth devices.
- Select your Repeat speaker and accept the pairing request to pair your Echo speaker.
Y’all tin now employ your Echo device as a Bluetooth speaker for your Android telephone. Likewise, the next fourth dimension you want to connect your phone to the speakers via Bluetooth, you tin only ask Alexa to connect to your phone. In this case, we tin can simply, “Alexa, connect to Karthik’s S22 via Bluetooth” to connect instead of going through a manual process.
How to connect your iPhone to Amazon Echo
To connect your iPhone to an Amazon Echo speaker, you first have to make sure your speaker is prepare upwards and ready to go. If it’s not, then follow the steps mentioned in the How to ready your Amazon Echo speaker section above to register your speaker to the network.
Once the speaker is online, follow these elementary steps to connect your iPhone to the Echo speaker via Bluetooth:
- Select your Repeat speaker from the
section and choose the
connect a device
option to starting time pairing with your iPhone.
- Now, select the
Pair a new device
option to make Alexa search for devices.
- While the assistant is searching for new Bluetooth devices, get to the Bluetooth settings in your iPhone and select your Echo speaker to connect.
- Once connected, you lot’ll come across your iPhone in the list of paired devices in the Alexa app.
And that’due south it, you lot’ve now successfully connected your iPhone to your Repeat speaker, meaning it’south now ready to output audio from your iPhone.
We used an Echo Dot 4th gen speaker in this tutorial, merely the process is essentially the same for all the Echo speakers. Alternatively, y’all tin as well connect your Android phone or iPhone to your Echo speaker using a 3.5mm cable. A lot of the new Android and iOS devices, yet, don’t accept a headphone jack, so you may not be able to use this method without a dongle.