Even in places without an admission point, you lot tin can print straight from a smartphone connected wirelessly to the printer.
This article describes how to wirelessly print images saved to Wi-Fi®*ane-compatible smartphones. Kickoff the operation from step i.
- This printer is a Wi-Fi certified product. You tin wirelessly impress images from Wi-Fi-supporting smartphones*2, tablets*two, cameras, and computers.
*1 Wi-Fi is a brand proper noun that indicates interoperability certification of wireless LAN devices.
*2 Requires installation of the dedicated Canon Impress Inkjet/SELPHY app on your smartphone or tablet. For convenience in this article, smartphones and tablets are collectively referred to every bit “smartphones”.
- Before using Wi-Fi, be certain to read “Wi-Fi (Wireless LAN) Precautions” in the manual.
- Some features are not bachelor when press via Wi-Fi.
- You cannot connect via Wi-Fi in advertizement-hoc mode.
- The following 4 steps explain how to ship images from a smartphone to SELPHY via Wi-Fi. Start the operation from footstep 1.
: Bank check your iOS version
: Install Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY on your smartphone
: Connect SELPHY with your smartphone
: Employ your SELPHY to print images on your smartphone
Stride ane: Check your iOS version
1. Check the environment on your smartphone.
- Please refer to the “Related data” section at the bottom of this page for specifications and organisation requirements of the smartphones which can exist connected by Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY and Wi-Fi.
- You can check your iOS version by accessing “About” in “Settings” on your smartphone.
- We recommend turning OFF sleep fashion on your smartphone first.
- Names of settings and operation methods differ depending on the model of your smartphone or OS version.
Stride ii: Install Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY on your smartphone
: Download and install Canon Impress Inkjet/SELPHY from the App Store.
- If Canon Print Inkjet/SELPHY is already installed on your smartphone,proceed to step 3: Connect SELPHY with your smartphone.
- Here, instructions are given using iOS eight.one as an case.
- The text includes an example of a smartphone screen. The items displayed on the screen may differ depending on the model of your smartphone. For details, refer to the user transmission of your smartphone.
i. Tap the [App Store] icon on your smartphone to open the App Shop.
- You tin can download Canon Impress Inkjet/SELPHY for free. Yet, y’all will be charged communication fees when connecting to the App Store.
- Yous need an Apple account to download Canon Impress Inkjet/SELPHY.
- If you are using a smartphone without the App Store, you cannot download Canon Print Inkjet/SELPHY.
- When yous utilise a prison cell phone line, downloading via Wi-Fi may have some time.
2. Tap the search icon.
3. Enter “Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY” as the keyword in the search field
and tap [Search]
4. Select “Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY” in the search results and install information technology.
Step 3: Connect SELPHY with your smartphone
1. Plough on your smartphone.
2. Make sure your smartphone is not in airplane mode.
3. Tap the carte du jour key on your smartphone and tap [Settings].
4. Turn the [Wi-Fi] switch ON
and tap [Wi-Fi]
5. Prepare SELPHY.
- Remove any inserted retention cards or USB flash drives.
- Insert a loaded paper cassette and an ink cassette in SELPHY.
half-dozen. Access the setting screen.
7. Check the printer proper name.
Cheque the displayed printer proper name and press the [
- The name displayed here indicates the name of the printer displayed on the device you lot connect to when connecting to another device via Wi-Fi.
- You can change the printer name by pressing the EDIT push button.
eight. Choose the connection method.
9. The following screen is displayed.
- Yous tin can alter the password by pressing the EDIT button.
ten. Utilise your smartphone to join the network displayed on the printer screen.
- In the smartphone’s Wi-Fi settings, select the SSID (network proper name) displayed on the printer.
- Enter the password displayed on the printer into the password field.
When entering your password, be careful not to misfile numbers and letters (for example “1” and “I” or “0” and “o”).
eleven. Make sure that SELPHY and your smartphone are continued and tap the dwelling house button to return to the home screen.
Step 4: Use your SELPHY to impress images on your smartphone
1. Tap the “Catechism Impress Inkjet/SELPHY” () icon on your smartphone to start “Catechism Impress Inkjet/SELPHY”.
2. Tap the items that include the data you want to print. (Choose [Photograph Print] here.)
3. Tap the images you lot want to print in your photograph album.
four. Tap the photos y’all desire to impress.
5. Tap [Select].
half dozen. Tap [Print] later you have selected the photos.
. vii The following screen is displayed. Select the bordered or borderless option
and specify the number of copies. Tap [Impress]
• Once printing begins, the screen below is displayed.
- Exercise not disconnect the devices or shut the awarding while this screen is displayed. Images may not be printed correctly or completely.
Printing in progress cannot be canceled from SELPHY past using the <> button. Use the smartphone to stop printing.
• Tap [Cancel] to finish.
eight. The standby screen below is displayed when printing is finished.
- One time yous have completed the connectedness settings, the standby screen is displayed automatically when you turn on the printer. To print, after the standby screen is displayed, simply use the smartphone every bit described from stride 4 on.
During standby-screen brandish, y’all tin view the SSID and countersign past pressing the [
] button. On the displayed screen, you lot can modify the password past pressing the EDIT button.
- Even during standby, you tin print images on a retentiveness card past inserting the menu to admission the prototype display screen.