How to Connect Your iPhone to Your TV
Learn how yous can connect your iPhone to your smart Tv using Apple TV, HDMI, Roku, and more than.
If you want to know how to stream from your iPhone to your TV, mirror your smartphone screen, or use your iPhone as a remote, we’ve rounded up the most mutual ways to connect your iPhone to your Tv and how to do them.
Is your Wi-Fi slowing down your streaming?
Enter your nada code below to encounter faster internet providers in your area.
Let’s be real. It’s been rough in the world lately—we all need a bit of a lark sometimes, and that ways knowing how to cast to a Idiot box with your telephone. Watching YouTube on your couple inch-wide phone isn’t enough for times like this. Total Hard disk drive is. And then buckle up because we’re going to teach you how to connect your phone to your Television receiver, both wirelessly and wired.
What exercise I demand to connect my iPhone or iPad to my TV?
In that location are a few different ways to connect your iPhone to your Tv set. Here is what you’ll need (in addition to the iPhone and Idiot box) for each method described in this article. For more complete details, please scroll down to the respective sections below.
Connect via HDMI:
HDMI-to-HDMI cable, Lightning Digital A/V adapter (aka iPhone to HDMI cablevision adapter), open HDMI port on your Boob tube
Connect via Apple Tv:
Connect via Chromecast:
An open HDMI port on a Chromecast-uniform TV
Connect via Roku:
iPhone, Telly, Roku streaming device, Roku app
Connect via other apps:
iPhone-uniform smart TV with AirPlay or AirPlay two, or, for TVs without iPhone back up, a DLNA-certified mirroring app (more on that beneath).
1. How do I connect my iPhone to my TV with an HDMI cable?
The above Amazon link volition also bear witness yous some third-political party knockoffs priced as low equally $13.99. Apple, of course, always recommends that yous buy its products for optimal compatibility, simply the third-party versions will become the job done and relieve you a expert chunk of alter. Just make sure it supports High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP).
Amazon.com Toll; $43.nineteen (equally of ii/26/21 eight:30 MST). Product prices and availability are authentic equally of the appointment/fourth dimension indicated and are subject area to change. Any cost and availability information displayed on Amazon.com at the fourth dimension of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CableTV.com utilizes paid Amazon links.
How to connect iPhone to Telly with HDMI
- Connect i finish of the HDMI cable to your TV.
- Connect the other end to the adapter.
- Plug the adapter into the Lightning port on your iOS device.
- If y’all need to charge your device while using it, plug one stop of a Lightning to USB or Dock Connector to USB cord into the second port on the adapter and plug the other end into a power source.
- Switch to the HDMI input on your Goggle box.
ii. How do I employ screen mirroring on my iPhone with Apple TV?
If y’all prefer convenience over a ton of cords, we’ll show you how to utilize screen mirroring on iPhone. It’s exactly what it sounds like: what y’all see on your iPhone screen is what you’ll come across on your TV. That includes everything from battery level to popular-up message notifications to whatever you were reading or watching—and then be conscientious when you utilise this option. Y’all don’t want everybody knowing your business.
How you go about it depends on what devices you accept, but here’southward what to do if you’re in the Apple ecosystem.
Only connect your iPhone to your AirPlay–uniform Television receiver hands with an
Apple Idiot box
and Apple’s AirPlay (or AirPlay 2) wireless protocol. This lets you stream videos, display photos, and other content straight or mirror your device’s display on your Goggle box. It’due south easier than information technology sounds, promise.
But if you’re worried, here’s exactly how to stream from your phone to your TV—Apple style.
How to utilise screen mirroring on iPhone with Apple tree TV
- Make sure your iPhone and Apple tree TV are on the same Wi-Fi network—otherwise they won’t see each other.
- Open Control Center on your iOS device. On iPad or any iPhone
than the iPhone 10, exercise this by swiping up from the lesser of the screen. On iPhone Ten, swipe down from the right of the notch.
- Tap the Screen Mirroring button. Information technology looks like two overlapping rectangles.
- Select your Apple tree Tv set from the list that appears.
- If an AirPlay passcode pops upward on your TV, enter the code on your iOS device.
- If you want to stop mirroring, open Command Center. Then, under Screen Mirroring, tap End Mirroring.
You can also employ screen mirroring with an app and an AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV.
three. How do I bandage my iPhone to my Television set through Chromecast?
How to cast iPhone to Goggle box with Chromecast
- Are your Apple device, Chromecast, and computer on the same Wi-Fi? If non, make it so.
- Plug the Chromecast into the HDMI port on your Goggle box.
- Install and open a
on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap the Cast button. (Information technology’due south a rounded rectangle with a Wi-Fi symbol in the bottom left corner.) Select “Chromecast” from the list of available devices to bandage to Television.
4. How do I connect my iPhone to a Roku Streaming Device?
There are a couple ways iPhone and iPad users can wirelessly connect their devices to a
- Make sure your iPhone and Roku device are connected to the aforementioned Wi-Fi network.
- In a supported app such equally YouTube or Netflix, expect for the Cast button.
- Tap the Bandage button, and select the Roku device from the list.
- Download the
Roku mobile app
to your iOS device.
- Launch the app.
- Choose the Photos+ option from the lesser navigation bar in the Roku app.
- Select the media you desire to share to the Roku device.
It’s up to you exactly how to stream from your phone to the Television set with Roku, since you have a couple options. We advise testing both methods out to meet which works best for your internet connectedness before settling in for a movie marathon.
5. How do I bandage my iPhone to my TV with an app?
If you have a smart TV with born iPhone back up, it should already take AirPlay (which we mentioned earlier). Yous can use AirPlay to connect your iPhone to your TV via screen mirroring.
If your smart TV doesn’t accept AirPlay, you tin can try a third-party Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) app. DLNA apps enable you to play music and video content that’s not protected past Digital Rights Management (DRM).
Try using these DLNA apps to connect your iPhone to your TV:
- McPlayer (Arkuda Digitial LLC)—Pro version is $4.99 (costless, limited-functionality lite version available)
- Nero Streaming Role player (Nero AG)—costless, has in-app purchases
- UPnP/DLNA Streamer for TV (iStreamer)—gratis, has in-app purchases
Follow each app’south instructions in society to stream your iPhone to your TV.
Any combination of devices you accept, nosotros’ve figured out how to cast to your telephone to the Television. So get connected, stream that content to the big screen, and kick dorsum to savor the prove!
How to connect your iPhone to your Television receiver FAQ
Can I mirror my iPhone on my TV?
Sure CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS Bailiwick TO Modify OR REMOVAL AT Any TIME.