Did yous know that y’all can now pause OBS recordings! With the latest version of OBS 24.0 or later you tin pause a recording in OBS and then restart the recording when you want to. This is an awesome new feature available in the latest OBS 24.0 release candidate.
In this video, we review the video formats that you lot can tape in with OBS and interruption the recording to be restarted. Currently, you can tape video in Flv, Mkv, ts, and m3u8 for apply with this new pause recording characteristic. When recording video, just remember that you cannot break your live stream. But information technology is nice if you are recording video content of your alive stream during the broadcast for later on utilize. In this way, you can tape curt clips from your live stream and save them in one file with start and pause characteristic. One requested feature is the power to pause a recording with the hotkeys. We will bring this upwardly in the OBS user group.
Remember the popular Mp4 and MOV video recording formats practice not back up this new feature. OBS recording formats that support pause and restart are only Flv, Mkv, ts, and m3u8. The reason these video formats have this feature is that OBS has the ability to store this video without being finalized even if the computer is turned off due to a power outage. Assuming y’all have the latest version of OBS and your recording format selected properly you will run across the pause button bachelor in one case yous kickoff recording.
What are the other new OBS 24 features?
- The long-requested ability to pause recordings
- A new option to use dynamic bitrate aligning while streaming instead of dropping frames when the internet is congested for any reason
- The ability to control browser source sound book with the sound mixer, equally well as apply audio filters, and output audio to stream only rather than desktop audio
- The ability to create custom browser dock widgets and so you tin have custom web pages opened whenever OBS is opened
- Hardware-accelerated decoding of H264 media files in the media source
- Updated x264, FFmpeg, and CEF versions on Windows. x264, in particular, has a number of new optimizations that should amend performance for anyone using software encoding
- A whole lot of minor optimizations to the program
Join the OBS User Group on Facebook here – https://www.facebook.com/groups/OBSUSERS/
Have Pauls OBS class hither – https://www.udemy.com/course/obs-live-streaming-grade/
Check out Pauls free OBS guide book hither – https://ptzoptics.com/volume
Go the OBS 24.0 release candidate here – https://github.com/obsproject/obs-studio/releases/tag/24.0.0-rc1
Cheque out our other articles about Open Broadcaster Software below:
- Updated – How to connect OBS and Zoom with VoiceMeeter and Headphone Monitoring – hither.
- How to connect OBS with Zoom, here.
- What’south new with OBS 26, hither.
- OBS vs vMix a complete review here.
- How to use Zoom for Church building Meetings and Worship hither.
- Hither are the top 10 OBS features you lot demand to know about
- Getting dropped frames in OBS. Here are some new feature to assist with that.
- Accept a look at OBS 24 and all the new characteristic here.
- Increase your productivity with OBS and larn how to utilise hotkeys here
- Learn how to setup animated stinger transitions in OBS here
- Acquire how to install the NDI plugin for OBS (and why you should) hither
- Learn more than nearly the latest OBS user interface (UPDATED for 2019) hither
- Make your audio in OBS sound great with these VST ii plugins here
- Larn how to fix the most common OBS issues! Audio and Video Sync! hither
- Learn how to use OBS xx+ hither
- Learn how to utilise NDI Cameras with OBS here
- Learn how to use the OBS Multiview here
- Acquire OBS apace with our ZERO to Sixty tutorial video hither
- Acquire more well-nigh OBS settings and optimizing your settings for live streaming here
- Learn how to record videos using OBS here
- New OBS 24 characteristic allows broadcasters the power to intermission and restart video recordings. Learn more than here.
- Learn how to add live annotations over your OBS productions here
- Learn how to add a webcam and set up a picture in picture scene within OBS here
- Acquire how to crop and rotate inputs within OBS here
- Learn how to use color correction tools and LUTs here
- Learn the all-time way to connect OBS and Zoom here
- Learn how to connect OBS and Teams here
- Larn how to use countdown timers in Teams hither
- Larn where OBS recordings are saved here
- Learn how to live stream to YouTube and Facebook with OBS for free here
- Larn about OBS 27’due south new features here