macOS Monterey Beta vii is now available for Developers.
Apple tree just dropped macOS Monterey Beta 7. The update comes one twenty-four hour period after iOS 15 Launch Mean solar day. Information technology has been 3 weeks since macOS Monterey Beta vi. Let’s jump in and find out what’s new in this update.
- Beta seven is now bachelor as a Delta update, M1 IPSW Restore File & Full Installer
Full Installer & Public Beta are not availableEDIT: Available at present!
- Something is wrong with the Monterey Beta 7 Full Installer! One time downloaded it is simply a 32MB stub file. I’ve submitted this issue to Apple Enterprise Support. The installer should be stock-still in Beta viii.
- Does Monterey Beta 7 address the FORCEDENTRY iMessage zero-click exploit? –Unknown
- Universal Control =Not mentioned in iOS 15.ane Beta or Monterey Beta vii Patch notes
- SideCar Preference Pane = SideCar settings was moved to the Display Preferences Pane.
- New “Focus” setting Notifications when settings are changed on iPhone or iPad.
macOS Monterey Beta Patch Notes Summary
- 1. Enterprise – 0
- two. New Features – 0
- 3. Known Issues – xx
- 4. Resolved Problems – 3
- v. Deprecations – 6
Table of Contents
- 1. Apple Links
- 2. Mr. Macintosh manufactures of interest for Apple Silicon & macOS Monterey
- iii. Undocumented macOS Monterey Beta Update changes & fixes
- 4. Monterey Release History
- 5. macOS Monterey Full Installer.app
- 6. Apple Silicon IPSW Restore file Update
- vii. macOS Monterey Update sizes for Intel and M1
- viii. Apple Silicon M1 Firmware Update
- 9. Intel T2 BridgeOS Update
- 10. Safari Update
- 11. What’s new for enterprise in macOS Monterey
- 12. Security Content of macOS Monterey
- thirteen. macOS Monterey Release Notes / Patch Notes / Changes
for the residual of the commodity.
1. Apple Links
AppleSeed Notes Link = appleseed.apple tree.com/
Programmer Public Link = developer.apple.com/documentation/macos-release-notes
macOS Deployment References Changes – https://support.apple.com/guide/deployment-reference-macos/document-revision-history-apd04dff7069/web
two. Manufactures of involvement & info related to macOS Monterey Beta
- 1. SharePlay has been delayed until afterwards public launch.
3. Undocumented macOS Monterey changes & fixes
- 1. Waiting
four. Monterey Beta Release History
Monterey Beta vii (21A5522h) – 9/21/21
– Current Release
- vi. Monterey Beta six (21A5506j) – 8/30/21 – My Release Notes
- five. Monterey Beta five (21A5304g) – 8/09/21 – My Release Notes
- 4. Monterey Beta 4 (21A5294g)
7/27/21 – My Release Notes
- 3. Monterey Beta iii (21A5284e) – 7/14/21 – My Release Notes
- ii. Monterey Beta ii (21A5268h) – 6/28/21 – My Release Notes
- 1. Monterey Beta one (21A5248p) – half dozen/07/21 – My Release Notes
five. macOS Monterey Full Installer.app
I list all the the Beta versions of the macOS Monterey Total installer in the link below. The full installer is usually released aslope the Public Beta. The public beta is normally released a day or 2 afterward the programmer update.
NOTE: Apple is only keeping the current version of the Monterey Beta Full installer available. When a new 1 is released, the previous version is pulled.
- 7. Monterey Beta 7 = Non available however
- 6. Monterey Beta six = 8/31/21
- 5. Monterey Beta 5 = viii/10/21
- four. Monterey Beta four = 7/27/21
- 3. Monterey Beta 3 = 7/14/21
- ii. Monterey Beta 2 = six/29/21
- i. Monterey Beta i = 6/15/21
= Full download. Installing this package will add together the full “Install macOS Monterey.app” to your applications binder.
half-dozen. Apple Silicon IPSW Restore file Update
Apple has released the full IPSW restore file of macOS Monterey Beta for Apple Silicon Macs. I keep rail of all of them in my Apple tree Silicon Firmware Database
macOS Monterey Beta 7 =
- 6. macOS Monterey Beta 6 = UniversalMac_12.0_21A5506j_Restore.ipsw
- five. macOS Monterey Beta 5 = UniversalMac_12.0_21A5304g_Restore.ipsw
- 4. macOS Monterey Beta 4 = UniversalMac_12.0_21A5294g_Restore.ipsw
- iii. macOS Monterey Beta 3 = UniversalMac_12.0_21A5284e_Restore.ipsw
- 2. macOS Monterey Beta 2 = UniversalMac_12.0_21A5268h_Restore.ipsw
- 1. macOS Monterey Beta i = Not released
Get them hither –>
7. macOS Monterey Update sizes for Intel and M1
Monterey Delta Update
This is the update is for updating from Beta half dozen > Beta 7
1. Update from macOS
Monterey 12 Beta six
ii. Update from macOS
Monterey 12 Beta 5
3. Update from macOS
Monterey 12 Beta 4
Monterey Combo Update
The “Combo Update” has been replaced past an automatic sized update. This ways if you are updating from an older beta (example Beta two) you lot will become an update that includes only what you demand.
Monterey Total Update
This is update is for if your volume is having issues or is not sealed.
Size = 11.0GB
8. Apple Silicon M1 Firmware Update
This update has a new firmware update. The version number is reported in Arrangement Data nether “System Firmware Version“
Apple Silicon M1 Firmware
– Update =
Previous M1 Apple tree Silicon Firmware Updates
macOS Monterey Beta seven = 7429.forty.68
- 6. macOS Monterey Beta 6 = 7429.40.38
- 5. macOS Monterey Beta 5 = 7429.thirty.8.0.iv
- 4. macOS Monterey Beta iv
- 3. macOS Monterey Beta 3 = 74126.96.36.199.1
- 2. macOS Monterey Beta 2 = 74188.8.131.52.ane
- 1. macOS Monterey Beta 1 = 74184.108.40.206.three
9. Intel T2 BridgeOS Update
The Version of BridgeOS for your T2 Security Chip (2018-2020 Intel Macs) was updated.
BridgeOS version –
Previous T2 Bridge Updates
macOS Monterey Beta vii
- vi. macOS Monterey Beta half dozen = xix.xvi.10506.5.1
- v. macOS Monterey Beta v = 19.16.10321.5.v
- 4. macOS Monterey Beta 4
- 3. macOS Monterey Beta iii = 19.16.10300.5.4
- 2. macOS Monterey Beta ii = 19.xvi.10284.v.7
- one. macOS Monterey Beta ane = xix.xvi.10264.5.14
ten. Safari Update
The new version of Safar 15 is included in the macOS Monterey Beta update.
Update = 15.0 (17612.2.4.two.ii)
macOS Monterey Beta 7 = Safari 15.0 (17612.2.four.2.2)
macOS Monterey Beta half-dozen = Safari 15.0 (17612.1.28.v)
macOS Monterey Beta 5 = Safari 15.0 (176220.127.116.11.three)
macOS Monterey Beta 4 = Safari 15.0 (17612.ane.24.1.4)
- three. macOS Monterey Beta 3 = Safari 15.0 = (17612.i.22.1.4)
- ii. macOS Monterey Beta 2 = Safari fifteen.0 (17618.104.22.168.3)
- i. macOS Monterey Beta one = Safari fifteen.0 (17612.1.xv.i.14)
xi. What’southward new for Enterprise in macOS Monterey Beta
Enterprise changes in macOS Monterey Beta six & 7
- Apps and services that crave the installation of Pluggable Authentication Modules (PAM) now require user authorization, or employ of a Privacy Preferences Policy Command (PPPC) profile from MDM that authorizes modifying system administrator files or full deejay admission. (71821457)
12. Security Content of macOS Monterey
macOS Monterey Security Document
- ane. None – It is unknown if Apple tree patched WebKit or CoreGraphics.
13. macOS Monterey Beta Release Notes
Annotation! I remove all the release annotation parts that practise NOT pertain to Beta vii.
This will help you lot run into only the new changes each update.
The macOS 12 SDK provides back up to develop apps for Mac computers running macOS Monterey 12 beta 7. The SDK comes arranged with Xcode 13 beta v, available from Beta Software Downloads. For information on the compatibility requirements for Xcode 13, see Xcode 13 Release Notes.
- See AppKit Release Notes for macOS Monterey 12 Beta.
Resolved in macOS Monterey 12 beta 7
- Stock-still an issue where purchases performed in the Sandbox surroundings return VerificationResult.unverified(_:_. (71949674)
- The unfinished property might return VerificationResult<Transaction> for transactions that accept already finished. (81346114)
- jwsRepresentation and other validation related properties are not available on VerificationResult. (81517650)
Workaround: Employ signedDate and device verification properties that are available on Transaction and renewalInfo.
- In that location might exist problems with wakeup when dual monitors are connected. (79839446)
Workaround: Connect the ability adapter that came with the Mac.
- The system doesn’t allow notifications to break through a Focus, even if “Permit time sensitive notifications” is selected. (80998661)
- Legacy Contacts has been removed from macOS Monterey 12 beta 5 and will return in a future release. (81292890)
- Custom Email Domain addresses with delimiters like “+” or “-” can’t be configured. (82425376)
- Custom Electronic mail Domain addresses that are associated with a separate iTunes account can’t be configured. (82358431)
- Some accounts may not yet be eligible for Custom Email Domain. (82421769)
Resolved in macOS Monterey 12 beta seven
- Custom Email Domain now allows addresses with less than iii characters. (82419759)
- Custom Electronic mail Domain addresses are displayed in the Mail app and in iCloud webmail. (82395318)
Language & Region
- Certain languages might display unlocalized text. (78476984)
- Certain languages might showroom clipped or misaligned layout. (78477103)
- Setting the title color of a UIButton doesn’t work regardless of whether you use baseForegroundColor or titleColorForState:. (76566253)
- Arrangement buttons have a black background color if no color is set. (76910619)
Workaround: Set a colour, or if yous want the system default color, request a push using the iOS xiv and Mac Catalyst 15 or earlier API: buttonWithType:.
- MKPinAnnotationView and MapPin are deprecated in this beta. (78536295)
- Rounded building corners might disappear. (80468151)
- Support for cleartext HTTP URL schemes for Proxy Automatic Configuration (PAC) is now deprecated. Use only HTTPS URL schemes for PAC. This affects all PAC configurations, including, but not express to, configurations set via Settings, Organization Preferences, profiles, and URLSession APIs such every bit connectionProxyDictionary and CFNetworkExecuteProxyAutoConfigurationURL(_:_:_:_. If you lot configure a cleartext HTTP PAC URL, the system may upgrade it to HTTPS during PAC file loads. Web Proxy Motorcar-Discovery (WPAD) Protocol via DNS isn’t affected. Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) Pick 252 WPAD may attempt to upgrade cleartext HTTP URLs to HTTPS during PAC file loads. (61981845)
- If an app uses Python ii.seven, macOS now triggers an alert indicating that the developer must update the app to ensure information technology will work in hereafter versions of macOS. (80221011)
- The StreamingInput init on PhotogrammetrySessionisn’t supported. (78838906)
- Safari toolbar vibrancy and background color might adversely affect the legibility of tab buttons in the tab bar. (80417925)
- SharePlay development in macOS Monterey beta 6 and upcoming beta releases requires the installation of an updated SharePlay Development Profile. This profile enables successful cosmos and reception of GroupSessions via the Group Activities API in iOS 15, iPadOS 15, and tvOS 15 beta 7, as well every bit macOS Monterey beta 6. (81900143)
- Applications linking to RealityKit with the iOS xv or macOS 12 SDKs volition fail to launch on a previous OS. (79584511)
Workaround: Add together OTHER_LD_FLAGS = -weak_framework RealityFoundation to your Xcode Project settings to allow running RealityKit apps on an older OS.
- controlProminence is deprecated. Use the new .borderedProminent ButtonStyle instead. (78908460)
- Fn (Function) shortcut modifier is deprecated and reserved for arrangement usage. (78627099)
- While watching a video in full-screen view in the Apple Boob tube App or the Music App, you tin’t exit total-screen view using the onscreen UI. (81598611, 81195781)
Workaround: Press the escape key to exit full screen.
- Attempts to install macOS Monterey into a VM might neglect sporadically. (83125778)
Workaround: If yous see this failure, retry the install. Multiple retries may be necessary.
- Xcode 12.v.i won’t launch on macOS Monterey. (81520413)
Workaround: Update to Xcode 13 to continue developing on macOS Monterey.