iPhone six Stuck In Headphone Mode? Hither’s Why & The Fix!
Your iPhone 6 won’t come out of headphone mode and y’all don’t know why. You’ve tried pressing the volume buttons as well plugging and unplugging your headphones, simply nothing is fixing the problem. In this article, I’ll
explain why your iPhone 6 is stuck in headphone mode and prove you how to ready the trouble for good!
Why Is My iPhone six Stuck In Headphone Mode?
Your iPhone half-dozen is stuck in headphone fashion considering information technology’s being tricked into thinking headphones are plugged. Your iPhone can get tricked by a small-scale software glitch (ordinarily not the problem) or by some physical debris lodged deep inside the headphone jack (usually the trouble).
Concrete damage, whether it be from a driblet or exposure to water, can besides exit your iPhone half-dozen stuck in headphone mode. If you’ve recently dropped your iPhone on the sidewalk or in the toilet, you may need to get it repaired.
We recommend the Apple Store if your iPhone is protected by AppleCare (click here to cheque). If your iPhone 6 isn’t covered by AppleCare, we strongly recommend Puls, a repair company that sends a certified technicianto y’all.
How To Ready An iPhone 6 Stuck In Headphone Mode
iv Steps Total
Restart Your iPhone
Restarting your iPhone tin sometimes fix minor software glitches and errors.
How Exercise I Restart My iPhone?
- Press and agree the power button (iPhones without Face ID) or the side button and either volume push button (iPhones with Confront ID) on your iPhone until theslide to power off
slider appears on the display.
- Swipe the red power icon from left to right to turn off your iPhone.
- Wait most 30 seconds, so press and hold the power button (iPhones without Face ID) or the side button (iPhones with Face ID) again until the Apple logo appears in the heart of the display.
Turn Off Your iPhone In The Settings App (Option 1)
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Ringlet to the lesser and tapShut Down.
- Swipe the cherry-red power icon from left to right.
- Plug your iPhone into a power source using a Lightning cable to turn it on over again.
Turn Off Your iPhone Using AssistiveTouch
- Watch our YouTube video or follow the steps below!
- Open the
- Plow on the switch next to AssistiveTouch.
- Tap the AssistiveTouch button when information technology appears on the display.
- TapMore than.
again when the confirmation alert appears.
Applies To: iPhone five,iPhone 5S,iPhone 5C,iPhone 6,iPhone half dozen Plus,iPhone 6S,iPhone 6S Plus,iPhone SE,iPhone vii,iPhone 7 Plus,iPhone 8,iPhone eight Plus,iPhone X,iPhone XS,iPhone XS Max,iPhone XR,iPhone 11,iPhone 11 Pro,iPhone eleven Pro Max,iPhone SE two
Brand Sure Your iPhone Is Stuck In Headphone Mode
Before going through the entire guide, but brand sure that your iPhone is actually stuck in headphone fashion.
- Unlock your iPhone using its passcode.
- Press either volume push button on the side of your iPhone.
- If it says “Headphones” higher up the bong icon, your iPhone is in headphones mode.
Applies To: iPhone 5,iPhone 5S,iPhone 5C,iPhone half dozen,iPhone 6 Plus,iPhone 6S,iPhone 6S Plus,iPhone SE,iPhone seven,iPhone vii Plus,iPhone 8,iPhone 8 Plus,iPhone 10,iPhone XS,iPhone XS Max,iPhone XR,iPhone 11,iPhone xi Pro,iPhone 11 Pro Max,iPhone SE 2
Clean Out The Headphone Jack
If any gunk, lint, or other debris is stuck in your iPhone’due south headphone jack, your iPhone could be “tricked” into thinking that headphones are plugged in. Removing the gunk within the headphone jack can become your iPhone out of headphone mode.
How Do I Make clean Out The Headphone Jack?
- Take hold of a flashlight and take a close wait inside your iPhone’s headphone jack.
- Look for any gunk, lint, or droppings stuck inside the headphone jack.
- Utilize an anti-static castor to make clean out the headphone jack.
- If yous don’t take an anti-static brush, accept a look at the pro-tips section below to learn about household items you lot can use to clean out the headphone jack.
Applies To: iPhone 5,iPhone 5S,iPhone 5C,iPhone 6,iPhone six Plus,iPhone 6S,iPhone 6S Plus,iPhone SE,iPhone 7,iPhone vii Plus,iPhone eight,iPhone 8 Plus,iPhone X,iPhone XS,iPhone XS Max,iPhone XR,iPhone eleven,iPhone eleven Pro,iPhone xi Pro Max,iPhone SE 2
Repair Your iPhone With Apple
Apple repairs iPhones at the Genius Bar in Apple tree Stores and through their online mail-in repair service. Apple repairs are loftier-quality, but out-of-warranty repairs tin exist much more expensive than third-party solutions. If you’re looking to save some money yous’re not covered by Apple’s warranty, you may desire to bank check out our other recommendations.
How Practise I Repair My iPhone With Apple tree?
How To Repair Your iPhone With Apple’south Mail-In Service
- Visit Apple’s support website to brainstorm the online mail-in repair process.
- Alternatively, call one-800-MY-Apple (i-800-692-7753) to fix a repair.
How To Repair Your iPhone At The Genius Bar Within Your Local Apple Store
- Visit Apple’south website to brand a Genius Bar appointment before you go into the shop. Apple Stores are extremely decorated, and if you don’t take an appointment, you may accept to wait for hours or terminate up being turned abroad.
(Editor’s note: I’m a former Apple tech and nosotros’re not exaggerating — please, practice yourself a favor and make an appointment first!)
- When you lot arrive, become to the Genius Bar to check in for your appointment.
- Genius Bar appointments e’er include free diagnosis. If you’re nether warranty, many repairs can be washed on the spot, only it all depends upon which parts are in stock. If y’all’re not under warranty, the Genius volition give you lot a quote for the cost of a repair.
Applies To: iPhone 5,iPhone 5S,iPhone 5C,iPhone half dozen,iPhone 6 Plus,iPhone 6S,iPhone 6S Plus,iPhone SE,iPhone seven,iPhone 7 Plus,iPhone 8,iPhone viii Plus,iPhone X,iPhone XS,iPhone XS Max,iPhone XR,iPhone 11,iPhone 11 Pro,iPhone 11 Pro Max,iPhone SE ii
No More Headphones Mode!
You’ve fixed your iPhone and information technology’s not stuck in headphones mode anymore. I promise you’ll share this commodity on social media to help out your family unit and friends when their iPhone 6 is stuck in headphone fashion! Thanks for reading, and if y’all have any questions, leave them in the comments section below.