Thanks to its ephemeral features, Snapchat is one of the most popular messaging apps among teens. All your messages, audio, and Snaps are deleted automatically later 24 hours. And for that reason, it’due south essential for Snapchat notifications to work smoothly, so you can stay in touch with your friends with ease. Still, many users study that Snapchat notifications often stop working, and they don’t get regular updates about their friend’s twenty-four hour period-to-solar day activities. There could be many reasons for you not receiving Snapchat notifications, like the DND mode being enabled, corrupt cache files, or a buggy update. In this guide, nosotros will show you the best methods to fix the annoying Snapchat notification non working upshot on your iPhone or Android telephone. So let’s not shell effectually the bush and dive in.
Prepare Snapchat Notification Not Working Issue (2022)
We have included 8 methods to help yous start receiving notifications for Snapchat on your mobile device. Even so, if you are facing the Snapchat notification event on your Apple Picket, we have a solution for that as well. You can use the table below to navigate through the methods:
1. Enable Notifications Within Snapchat App
Outset and foremost, you should cheque whether notifications are enabled within the Snapchat app or not. Follow the steps below to head over to Snapchat settings and turn information technology on:
: We accept demonstrated this method using Snapchat for Android but the steps remain the aforementioned on iPhone.
- Open Snapchat and tap on your profile motion picture (or Bitmoji) at the tiptop left. Then,
tap the cog icon
at the top correct to open Settings.
- Now, tap on “Notifications” and make sure the “Enable Notifications” option is turned on. This is where you tin can pick and choose all the things you wish to be notified about. Also, you can choose whether you want your phone to ring, vibrate, and wake the screen when y’all receive a notification.
- Next, scroll to the bottom and tap the “Manage Story Notifications” option. Hither, you tin search for all your friends’ names and add them to the list if you desire to receive a notification every time they post a new story.
And that’s information technology. You will at present start receiving notifications not only for messages only besides stories from your Snapchat friends.
2. Cheque Your Phone’s Notification Settings
Later checking the notification settings within the app, we advise checking whether notifications for Snapchat are enabled on your telephone. Yeah, head over to your phone’s settings and brand sure notifications for Snapchat are non disabled. Yous might have turned them off at one point or mistakenly didn’t allow notifications to be sent on your Android xiii phone. Here’s how it works:
- Offset, open up the Settings app and movement to “Notifications“. Then, tap on “Snapchat” under the notifications settings on your iPhone.
- Adjacent, ensure that the “Allow Notifications” toggle is turned on for Snapchat. Also, enable the Sounds and Badges toggles to receive updates in real-time and reply immediately.
- Open the Settings app and navigate to the “Notifications” section. Then, search for Snapchat and tap on it. Note that the notification setting might be named differently depending on the Android pare yous are using. We’ve used OnePlus 9RT running Android 13 for this tutorial.
- Here, make sure the “Allow notifications” toggle is turned on. Too, enable all the other sound or vibration settings on this screen to timely receive Snapchat notifications.
3. Ensure Do Non Disturb Mode is Disabled
Once yous ensure that the notifications are enabled from within Snapchat and the phone’s settings, in that location’southward another setting you should check before proceeding farther. It is possible that your phone is fix to Practice Not Disturb, and the notifications for all apps, including Snapchat, are not working. Hither’due south how you tin can check the DND settings:
On iPhone: Disable DND Focus
- First, swipe down from the top right corner to open up the “Control Heart“. And then, cheque whether the Focus manner tile says “Exercise Non Disturb – On“. If the Focus mode is set to DND, that’s the reason why you are not receiving Snapchat notifications.
- Tap on the Focus way championship and
select any other focus, preferably personal, to become Snapchat notifications working again on your iPhone.
- Now, if you don’t wish to switch out from the DND Focus manner, you can add together Snapchat as an exception to continue receiving this app’s notifications. To set it upwards, head to
Settings -> Focus -> Practise Not Disturb.
- Then, select “Apps” under the “Allow notifications” section. Tap the “Add together“
push with the plus icon,
select Snapchat, then, tap “Washed” in the top right corner.
And that’s information technology. Now, fifty-fifty if you lot have the Do Not Disturb focus style enabled on your iPhone, you will receive Snapchat notifications without any disruption.
On Android: Disable DND Style
There are two ways you can check whether the Do Not Disturb mode is enabled on your Android phone or not. Let’southward have a look at them:
- Starting time, y’all can merely swipe downwardly from the top to open the notifications console. Here, check whether the
DND quick tile is not active
to confirm that Snapchat notifications are not being disrupted because of this.
- Second, you can head to “Settings -> Sound & vibration -> Practise Not Disturb” to check whether the DND mode is disabled or non. Here, but similar on iPhone, yous tin can Snapchat as an exception to solve the notification non working event even when DND is on.
4. Enable Background App Data Usage
Equally the name reveals, this setting allows apps to employ internet data in the background and send notifications equally they arrive, without whatsoever delay or disruption. And then, check whether background action is enabled for Snapchat to solve the notification not working consequence right away.
Enable Groundwork App Refresh on iPhone
Here are the steps you need to follow to make sure Snapchat is allowed to run in the groundwork on iOS devices and send notifications:
- Open Settings and navigate to
General -> Background App Refresh.
- Then, scroll down and search for Snapchat. Ensure the toggle next to the app’s name is enabled, and that’southward it.
Allow Background Date Usage on Android
Similar to iPhone, y’all can choose to permit Snapchat to run in the background and ship notifications as and when you lot receive a bulletin. Here’southward how to get near information technology:
- Get-go, navigate to
Settings -> Apps -> App Management -> Snapchat
on your Android phone. Note that the path to access the App info page might vary slightly depending on the Android skin yous are using. We are using the OnePlus 9RT running Android 13-based OxygenOS xiii for this demo.
- Side by side, tap the “Information usage” option and make certain the “Background data” toggle is turned on.
- Likewise, while y’all are on the App info page, tap the “Bombardment” option. Then, toggle on the “Let background action” option and tap “Allow” in the popular-up to confirm the activeness.
At present, your phone might swallow more battery as Snapchat volition be always agile in the background. Merely it should solve the notification not working issue, which is great.
5. Articulate Cache from Snapchat Settings
Now, if you have enabled notifications in the Snapchat app and in the telephone’s settings but are still not getting new message notifications, it could be because of decadent app data. Like any other app, Snapchat also stores temporary app data (cache) on the device. Nosotros will show y’all how to delete the cache for Snapchat in this section, and so follow the steps below:
- Open up Snapchat and tap on your profile picture (or Bitmoji) at the summit left. After that, tap the
Settings cog icon
at the elevation correct.
- Scroll down on the Settings page and tap on the “Clear Cache” option. Select “Keep” in the pop-upward that appears on the screen to consummate the action.
: Y’all should perform this activity at regular intervals to keep Snapchat working smoothly and not face whatsoever issues, where y’all practise not get new notifications for messages and story uploads.
6. Logout and Log Back into Snapchat
Are you lot still not receiving notifications on Snapchat? Well, this might be kind of obvious, only logging out and logging dorsum into the app has worked in resolving the notification issue for many users. This method also comes in handy for fixing the Snapchat not sending Snaps issue for some users.
So we advise you also try it out if enabling notifications from Snapchat and your telephone did not solve the problem. Here’s how you tin can log out of Snapchat.
- Tap on your profile moving picture (or Bitmoji) at the top left. Then, tap the
at the top-correct corner of the screen.
- Afterward that, coil down to the bottom of the Settings page and
tap “Log Out”. Then, select “Log Out” again in the pop-up to sign out of Snapchat.
- We accept demonstrated the process to log out of Snapchat on an Android device, but the steps look the same on iPhone as well. You lot tin can now sign in using your account’s credentials, and the Snapchat notification not working issue should exist resolved.
7. Update Snapchat on Android and iOS
Another simple fix for the notification non working issue on Snapchat is to update the app, as bugs could sometime crusade sure features to not role properly. Then the developers release updates with bug fixes and characteristic improvements from time to time. So let’due south look at how to update the Snapchat app on iPhone and Android here:
- On iPhone: Open the App Shop and tap on your profile motion picture at the top right. And then, you volition see a list of all the apps for which an update is available. Tap the “Update” push next to Snapchat.
- On Android: Open the Google Play Shop and tap on your profile motion-picture show at the top right. And then, select “Manage apps and devices -> Updates available” to meet if an update is available. If it is, tap “Update” to download the latest version of Snapchat.
: You could besides search for “Snapchat” in the Play Store to meet the “Update” button if a new version is live.
Also, if yous are using a beta version of Snapchat on either your iPhone or Android telephone, we suggest installing a stable version of the app. Many a time, the beta version can include bugs that may cause the notifications organisation to break and not piece of work as intended.
eight. Uninstall and Reinstall Snapchat
Finally, if none of the methods above work in solving the Snapchat notification not working issue,
- On iPhone: Long-press on the Snapchat icon on the home screen. Tap “Remove App” and so select “Delete App” in the pop-upward menu to uninstall the messaging app from your iPhone.
- On Android: Go to Settings -> Apps & notifications -> Snapchat to access the app info page. Here, tap the “Uninstall” button and ostend your action to delete the app.
Once y’all have removed the app, caput to the iOS App Store or Google Play Store to reinstall Snapchat on your iPhone and Android telephone, respectively.
Not Receiving Snapchat Notification on Apple tree Scout? Set up Here!
If you didn’t already know, we should offset by pointing out that there’s no Snapchat app available for the Apple Watch. Then you will take to rely on receiving notifications from the Snapchat app on your iPhone. They are mirrored on your Apple tree Watch. However, if y’all are facing issues with receiving Snapchat notifications on your Apple Watch, here’southward what yous demand to do:
one. Starting time, brand sure that notifications for Snapchat are enabled in the iPhone settings, every bit shown in Pace #two in a higher place. Also, open up the Snapchat app and head to the “Notifications” settings. Then, check the “Enable Notifications” option and cull what notifications you wish to receive or not.
2. With the notification settings for the iPhone and Snapchat app out of the way, enable notifications for the messaging app in the Apple tree Sentry app. In the Apple tree Watch, become to the “My Watch” department from the lesser navigation bar and tap “Notifications”. Then, curlicue down and make sure the
“Snapchat” toggle is turned on.
Now, Snapchat notifications received on your iPhone should start showing up on your Apple tree Sentry. However, there’s a bit of nuance to this characteristic. If your iPhone’s screen is on, the notifications will show upwardly only on your iPhone. Yous receive notifications on the Apple tree Watch when your iPhone is locked or asleep, equally per the official Apple support page.
[Fixed] Snapchat Notifications Not Working on Android and iOS
With that, you are aware of all the possible methods to fix the Snapchat notifications not working issue on your iPhone, Android phone, and the Apple Lookout man. While clearing the cache, double-checking the do not disturb mode, and enabling the notifications settings more often than not solve the issue, the Snapchat support team is your last resort if nothing works out. So which method helped you kickoff receiving notifications from Snapchat again? Allow us know in the comments below. Also, while you are hither, cheque out all the details for the Snapchat+ subscription and the steps to utilize Snapchat on PC and laptop with ease.