CarPlay is one of the smarter ways for accessing the iPhone safely while driving. A lot of things tin be availed with it similar receiving messages and calls, accessing apps or listening to the music. It is easy to command the CarPlay when driving as it makes use of Siri vox control. Nonetheless, any of the electronic gadgets isn’t gratis from glitches and issues. Not to mention, iOS 14/13.7 is the master highlight these days. There are many users who just got fretted past CarPlay not connecting after iOS 14/13.7 update. We know how panicking and painstaking that can exist. But, yous know what? Yous can set up the iOS 14/13.vii CarPlay issues yourself. We will thoroughly guide out you with some useful solutions. Unearth them below.
- Part 1: Make sure you lot’ve fix Apple CarPlay correctly
- Part two: Check if Apple CarPlay is blocked
- Office 3: v solutions to ready Apple CarPlay non connecting
Part one: Make sure you’ve set up Apple CarPlay correctly
Ever since you’ve updated to iOS fourteen/xiii.7, CarPlay issues are plaguing, right? Well, to some extent, new updates may erstwhile disturb the normal operation of your phone, features and settings. Only, it’south important we cantankerous-check whether nosotros’ve setup the Apple CarPlay correctly. Information technology can be true that we might have non properly connected the CarPlay which is not working. Hence, before blaming iOS 14/13.seven straight away, information technology is a wise idea to get ensured about the setup of CarPlay. Here are some ways yous can ensure to have a polish, stable connexion with the Apple CarPlay.
Ensure that yous are near the CarPlay area and that your car is fully compatible with the CarPlay.
Try to start your car and see that Siri is enabled (otherwise the CarPlay may give problems).
Institute connexion of your iPhone with the motorcar:
- Using 18-carat USB cable, plug iPhone into USB port of your car. The USB port would exist seen with a CarPlay icon or the Smartphone icon.
- For wireless connexion, just press and hold the vocalism-control push button available at your steering wheel. Also, ensure that the stereo is in Bluetooth and Wireless Mode. From iPhone your now, visit “Settings”, go to “General” and see the “CarPlay” option. Select your car at that place.
For any other aid, check on the manual for farther assistance.
Part 2: Check if Apple CarPlay is blocked
Different vehicle continued to CarPlay may have distinguishing ways of handling the device. For instance, while y’all try your hand in plugging iPhone into USB port, some vehicles might non enable CarPlay to piece of work out. In such cases, you must see whether there are any kind of restrictions to your iPhone. Hither is how yous tin determine it and disable if necessary:
- Launch “Settings”, browse for “Screen Fourth dimension” and opt for “Privacy & Content Restrictions”.
- For previous versions, go to “General” and select “Restrictions” followed by entering the passcode.
- Scroll into information technology and cheque if Carplay is there. (If so, switch it off).
Part 3: v solutions to fix Apple CarPlay not connecting
3.1 Restart iPhone and auto system
Time and again if you lot happen to see Apple CarPlay is not connecting in the iOS fourteen/xiii.7 updated iPhone, then the best way to deal is by giving a quick restart to your iPhone. This will aid in refreshing the foregoing activities in your phone which might have been intervening in the normal functioning of telephone. For restarting desired iPhone models, hither are the steps:
- For iPhone 6/6s and earlier versions:
Press the ‘Home’ and “Sleep/Wake” keys until the “Apple logo” doesn’t come upwardly over the screen. Release the buttons and your device will boot up.
- For iPhone 7 Plus:
Hold the “Slumber/Wake” and “Volume Down” push button till the Apple tree’s logo glows in your iPhone. Keep the fingers off once you see the logo.
- For iPhone viii/8 Plus /X/XS/XR/XS Max/11:
Equally the latest models do not have home buttons, restarting is quite different from the aforementioned models. Simply, printing the “Volume Upward” and release it. Then press and release the “Volume Down” central. Followed by this, press the “Sleep/Wake” key until the Apple’s logo appears over the screen.
Subsequently restarting your iPhone, ensure to restart your car’s infotainment arrangement. Or you lot can plough information technology off and then switch information technology on. At present, check if your iOS 14/13.seven CarPlay all the same has issues.
3.2 Pair iPhone with your car again
If still your Apple CarPlay isn’t connecting after restart, retrying to pair upward your iPhone with your automobile is never a bad idea. This tin exist done by un-pairing your telephone and the auto i.east. trying to draw connexion of telephone and care via Bluetooth. Here is how you do it:
- Load the “Settings” menu and opt for “Bluetooth” option.
- Toggle on Bluetooth and select your car’south Bluetooth. Tap on the “i” icon given adjacent to the selected Bluetooth.
- Then, selection the “Forget This Device” post-obit the onscreen prompts for un-pairing.
Later you’re done with un-pairing, just restart the phone and re-pair your car organization with Bluetooth. See again if Apple CarPlay is working or not.
3.3 Check the brake settings on your iPhone
The possible reasons why your Apple tree CarPlay doesn’t connect to your iPhone can exist due to restriction settings. It is a security characteristic that barricades any existing or future-based methods disable the USB data connexion after a certain period of time. Then as to shield the iPhone passcode that can be hacked via lightning ports. In example, these settings are enabled in your iOS 14/13.7, the CarPlay issues are bound to happen. Use the following steps to disable the brake settings on your iPhone.
- Launch ‘Settings’ from app drawer or home screen.
- Browse for ‘Touch ID & Passcode’ or the ‘Confront ID & Passcode’ feature.
- If prompted, cardinal-in the passcode to proceed further.
- Seek and select ‘Allow Access When Locked’ department.
- Opt for ‘USB Accessories’. If this option is turned off then information technology is indicative that ‘USB Restricted Manner’ is enabled.
- Simply toggle on ‘USB Accessories’ to completely disable the ‘USB Restricted Mode’.
3.4 Check cable compatibility if y’all connect with a cable
A corrupted or faulty medium can be a great culprit and one for the reasons for iOS 14/13.vii CarPlay issues. If yous are getting connectedness failure, you lot must check whether the cable you are trying to establish connection is not broken or does not have any faults attributing to failures. Likewise, ensure to use a genuine cablevision i.e. the cable that you got from Apple or with the device when you bought it.
3.five Downgrade your iPhone to iOS thirteen.vii
When the above methods fail to rectify the Apple CarPlay issues and the CarPlay still refuses to piece of work properly, we reckon that at that place may exist system issues along with the iOS 14 that are bothering you lot. In such case, it is better you downgrade your iPhone to the previous version. For downgrading the iOS version, you can take the assist from Dr.Fone – Organization Repair (iOS) and continue your work with peace! Here is how to downgrade to iOS 13.vii.
Before we go whatever farther, it is extremely important to go the IPSW file for the iOS version to be downgraded. For this:
- Visit https://ipsw.me/ and opt for “iPhone” from the tabs.
- Opt for the iPhone model.
- Select the iOS 13.7 version for downgrading and hit the “Download” option.
- The file will be downloaded. At present, use Dr.Fone Repair to flash the IPSW file to iPhone.
Here are the steps for using DoctorFone – System Repair (iOS):
Pace 1: Launch Dr.Fone – System Repair (iOS) on PC
Download the software on your PC/Mac. Install it and load the tool. Move further with tapping on “Organization Repair” tab to commence.
Step 2: Establish connexion
Through authentic lightning cable, connect device with the PC. Subsequently successful connection, opt for “Standard Mode” out of the available modes.
Step 3: Select desired iOS
The connected iPhone will reverberate over the program. Double check the information and make changes as per your needs. Then, click on “Select” push button to load the IPSW file to programme. From the browser window, look for your IPSW file and select it.
Step four: Load Firmware and Prepare!
The program will download the desired firmware packet on PC. Striking on “Fix Now” as the last step. And there you go!
Once the firmware gets downloaded, just, click on “Gear up At present” to repair the IPSW. Now your phone will be downgraded to iOS thirteen.vii.